Vaginoplasty in the Philippines
What is Vaginoplasty?
Vaginoplasty (also known as posterior colporrhaphy) is a procedure designed to tighten the vagina. An alternative is noninvasive vaginal tightening through heating tissues with radiofrequency waves or laser. Patients with significant laxity may not experience a benefit from these treatments and may be better candidates for surgical tightening with vaginoplasty.
Candidates for Vaginoplasty
Ideal Candidates for Vaginoplasty who experienced:
- After childbirth, women may complain of vaginal laxity, resulting from stretching of tissues and separating of muscles, sometimes to the point that a tampon falls out, and this lack of tone can contribute to sexual dysfunction.
- Your surgical goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous surgeries
Your surgeon may also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Take photographs
- Discuss your options
- Recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of vaginoplasty and any risks or potential complications
- Discuss the use of anesthesia during the procedure
Be sure to ask questions. To help, we have prepared a checklist of questions to ask your plastic surgeon that you can take with you to your consultation.
It’s very important to understand all aspects of the procedure. It’s natural to feel some anxiety, whether it’s excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of preoperative stress. Don’t be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.
Risks and Safety
- Risks from vaginoplasty include infection, bleeding, pain, along with rare complications.
Patients are asked to do a bowel prep prior to surgery.
- Get lab testing or a medical evaluation
- Take certain medications or adjust your current medications
- Stop smoking
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding
A lip augmentation may be performed in an accredited office-based surgical facility, licensed ambulatory surgical center or a hospital.
If your lip reduction is performed on an outpatient basis, be sure to arrange for someone to drive you to and from surgery and to stay with you for at least the first night following surgery.
What does a labiaplasty do?
A vaginoplasty brings the separated muscles together, and the extra mucosa skin from the back side of the vagina is removed. The external skin can also be removed for a more aesthetic appearance.While a vaginoplasty can be done under local anesthesia, many opt to have it done under general anesthesia.
Once the amount of tightening to be done is determined, a pie-shape wedge is marked to delineate the extra skin to be removed from inside the vagina. Beneath the skin, the tissues are tightened with strong sutures. Once the vaginal canal has been tightened, the mucosal skin is sutured closed. If there is external skin that protrudes, this can be reduced as well for a more aesthetic result.
What to expect in vaginoplasty
This procedure typically results in a tighter vaginal canal, which can help enhance sexual satisfaction.